Attend an Assembly
Assemblies are temporarily on hiatus at this location due to the pandemic. We will resume them at some time within 2022. For now, we are still having many events monthly that you can attend to become a part of our community. Please visit our meetup page or Facebook page for an up-to-date events list.
Sunday Assembly Detroit is a secular community that meets to hear great talks, connect for service projects, sing songs and generally celebrate life. Assemblies are free to attend, and everyone is welcome.
We create an energetic, inspiring community atmosphere featuring a live band, sing-a-long music, an engaging lecture, with treats for all to share, in a family friendly, secular community environment.
There will be coffee and snacks before and after the assembly. Families with children are encouraged to attend as there is free childcare during the assembly!
Here’s a sample of our program:
• Kickoff Music
• Gathering Song
• Kid’s Story
• Reflection Song
• Life Happens
• Featured Guest Speaker
• Question Time
• Closing Song
• Refreshments / Meet Your Neighbors
The Sunday Assembly
- Is 100% celebration of life. We are born from nothing and go to nothing. Let’s enjoy it together.
- Has no doctrine. We have no set texts so we can make use of wisdom from all sources.
- Has no deity. We don’t do supernatural but we also won’t tell you you’re wrong if you do.
- Is radically inclusive. Everyone is welcome, regardless of their beliefs – this is a place of love that is open and accepting.
- Is free to attend, not-for-profit and volunteer run. We ask for donations to cover our costs and support our community work.
- Has a community mission. Through our Action Heroes (you!), we will be a force for good.
- Is independent. We do not accept sponsorship or promote outside businesses, organizations or services.
- Is here to stay. With your involvement, The Sunday Assembly will make the world a better place.
- We won’t won’t tell you how to live, but will try to help you do it as well as you can.
- And remember point 1… The Sunday Assembly is a celebration of the one life we know we have.
Contact us or just come and join us at an assembly!
Sunday Assembly Detroit is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and your contributions are tax deductible.
Donations are welcome and appreciated. Receipts are provided upon request.