We’ll be discussing the Psychology of Happiness. Oh, plus there will be wine and food..
TED’s Understanding Happiness will provide learners with a deeper knowledge of:
• The measurement of happiness (and unhappiness)
• When and why people feel at their most happy (physiologically and psychologically)
• The extent to which people are predisposed to be happy
• Effective (and ineffective) methods to increase and sustain happiness
• How our preferences and beliefs determine happiness
• How choice, freedom, and embracing diversity influence collective happiness
• Advances in the theory and applications of positive psychology.
Watch a TED Talk video. Drink wine (or beer or soda or flavored water or even coffee). Discuss with friends. Repeat.
There is no fee for entry, but donations are welcome.
Showtime starts at 7:00.
We’ll watch the first TED Talk video and then break for 15 minutes or so to discuss it, refresh drinks, etc. Then we’ll watch the second Talk; when its finished we can discuss the second Talk, compare/contrast the two Talks, refresh drinks, go potty, etc. Then no more videos, just socializing. 🙂
Come meet friends and #WonderMore.
Sunday Assembly Detroit is a 501c3 Non-Profit and your contributions are tax deductible.